|Neue Seite 5
About Kasisi Children's
In 1926 the Dominican Sisters founded Kasisi
Orphanage. Two years later they handed it over to the Little Sisters of Mary
Immaculate, a Polish Catholic order. Since then it has grown to be the largest
and best-known orphanage in Zambia. In 2002 the name Kasisi Orphanage was
changed into Kasisi Children’s Home. The children’s home is situated 37 km from
Lusaka, out in the countryside.
The main objective of the children’s home
is to provide the children with basic needs, care, love and protection and to
ensure that these children will be self-supporting once they reach adulthood.
All the children go to school and after secondary school the children’s home
supports them in further education or in finding a job.
As a family is
the best place for a child, Kasisi Children’s Home tries to find solutions to
bring the children back to members of their extended family, if necessary with
At the moment, the children’s home has a separate wing for
babies and younger children, a small house for older girls, a street kids house
and two wings for children who are infected with HIV/AIDS, namely The House of
Hope and Martin’s Room. Seven Polish Sisters, eight Zambian Sisters and about
fifty Zambian Housemothers run the children’s home.
Kasisi Children's Home Website